There’s soon to be a new kid on the plant-based block in Vegas, courtesy of executive chef Jose Navarro. And, this May, he’s introducing his new concept to the Valley with a one-night only dining experience.
Navarro — who has served as executive chef at numerous properties on The Strip and also is co-owner of Burger Joint in Henderson (which has heaps of vegan options) — is debuting his latest restaurant, Plant(ivore) on May 8 with a special dinner service. From 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. Burger Joint turns into a vegan restaurant and is going to give the town a taste of what’s to come as plans for the restaurant move forward.
The four-course popup dining event is $35 per person (plus tax and gratuity) and features:
- AMUSE: heirloom potato croquette, smoked jalapeño chutney; paired with Bloody Mary Las Vegas Distillery Vodka and tomato water)
- FIRST: rainbow cauliflower escabeche tostada, avocado puree, serrano peppers, pickled onions; paired with Paloma (3 Point Tequila, grapefruit);
- SECOND: slow-roasted King Trumpet Mushroom, toast, curried-roasted pineapple; paired with CraftHaus Evocation;
- THIRD: Roman artichokes, ten bean, natural corn milk; paired with Havenscourt chardonnay;
- FOURTH: rice milk panna cotta, spring market fruit; paired with Crafthaus Centerpiece
The opening of Plant(ivore) later this year comes at a time when the demand is growing for more plant-based options in town, and only a handful of options to currently choose from. The menu taps into Navarro’s extensive experience as an executive chef, and is going to offer locally-sourced, chemical-free seasonal dishes sans faux meats and cheeses. His plan? To celebrate fruits and veggies in dishes which appeal not only to the growing vegan movement, but also to meat-eaters.
“I want people to come to Plant(ivore) because the food is amazing,” he explains. “Plants are so versatile and nutritional. The restaurant — and forthcoming pop-ups — celebrates these ingredients.”
Although Navarro isn’t vegan, his daughter is … and she was the main inspiration behind the restaurant.
“I love to create nourishing meals filled with flavor … and being able to create meals which appeal to her is important to me,” he says.
For now, Navarro plans on hosting a handful of pop-up restaurant experiences in Burger Joint and other locations while the restaurant plans flesh out.
For more information and to purchase tickets to the event: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/plantivore-pop-up-restaurant-debut-tickets-33569511312?aff=es2
*Support the businesses who support vegans! Check out our Deals section with special offers on Las Vegas restaurants, health and wellness services, national products and more!