Cooler temps mean the perfect time for a piping hot bowl of creamy vegan tomato soup. Thanks to Chef Stacey Dougan of Simply Pure, you can make her soup at home. It pairs perfectly with her avocado grilled cheese. This recipe also features the new Pure Macadamia Oil Spray by Milkadamia currently on sale at H-E-B and coming soon to Amazon!
Easy Vegan Creamy Tomato Soup by Chef Stacey Dougan
Pair this creamy tomato soup with the avocado grilled cheese for the ultimate cozy lunch! This easy vegan recipe for creamy tomato soup features Milkadamia's new Macadamia Oil Spray.
- Macadamia Oil Spray by Milkadamia
- 1/4 cup medium chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup medium chopped red bell pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup canned fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (or sweetener of your choice)
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 whole fresh basil leaves
- Sea salt
- Spray bottom of medium pot with Macadamia Oil Spray.
- Add onion, garlic, bell pepper and bay leaves.
- Sautee on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes and simmer on low heat for approx 12 minutes or until the vegetables are slightly soft.
- Remove the bay leaves and transfer the remaining ingredients into a blender.
- Add vegetable broth.
- Blend soup until smooth.
- Transfer soup back to the pot and heat on low.
- Add coconut milk, lemon juice, agave and cayenne pepper.
- Cover with lid and heat on low for 5 minutes.
- For a thinner style soup add more vegetable broth or coconut milk.
Serve with a drizzle of Milkadamia Oil and fresh basil or dill.
*NOTE: Depending on the size of your blender, you may want to cover the lid with a towel to prevent spillage. The soup is very hot so start the blender off slow and work your way up to a higher speed.