From acclaimed pastry chef Angela Sweetser, this vegan cream puff recipe is perfect for serving a vegan high tea like she offers at Queen of Hearts in Las Vegas.
Check out more easy vegan recipes like this vegan fried rice dish using JUST Egg.
Easy Vegan Cream Puffs
This is an easy vegan recipe for cream puffs. This can also be used for eclairs and profiteroles.
- 280 g water
- 3 g salt
- 187 g flour
- 312 g JUST Egg liquid
- 140 g Earth Balance or other vegan butter
- 500 g lemon juice
- 350 g sugar (separate into two)
- 500 g JUST Egg liquid
- 250 g Earth Balance or other vegan butter
- 25 g corn starch
Vegan Puff Pastry
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Boil water and salt
- Add flour and mix with wooden spoon or rubber spatula until thick dough ball forms
- Transfer dough into mixing bowl with paddle attachments
- Paddle until dough is no longer steaming
- Alternate JUST Egg and vegan butter while paddling
- Once smooth, place in piping bag
- Pipe small rounds no larger than a quarter coin, evenly spaced
- Bake in oven 8 - 12 minutes. These need to proof so do not open oven until after 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool slowly
- Insert desired filling from base, dip top and garnish
- Heat lemon juice with first sugar (175 g) in pot until sugar is dissolved
- In separate bowl, combine second sugar (175 g) with JUST Egg, corn starch and whisk until smooth
- Drizzle half of hot lemon juice into egg mixture in bowl and mix together
- Add egg mixture back to pot with lemon juice
- Whisk altogether over medium heat until liquid thickens
- Allow curd to boil for full minute before removing from heat
- Strain curd onto pan or bowl, cover and chill
- Place in piping bag and insert into cream puff
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
You must be logged in to post a comment.