Chef Kaimana Chee is a Chef Ambassador for JUST, the maker of JUST Egg (and the new JUST Folded Egg). Chef swung by our new The Good Fork podcast and we found out so much about him and his work as Chef Ambassador.
Did you know how versatile JUST Egg is?!?! It can make custard, y’all! Custard. And bread pudding.
So, of course we did what any hungry vegan would do — we asked for a recipe.
This easy vegan recipe for fried rice features JUST Egg and is something anyone can make at home. Even yours truly, a culinary-challenged domestic goddess in training.
Want more vegan recipes? Check out all of our easy vegan recipes from acclaimed chefs. We even have a recipe for easy vegan cream puffs.
Easy Vegan Recipe: JUST Egg Fried Rice by Chef Kaimana Chee
This is an easy vegan recipe for fried rice with JUST Egg.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 shallots, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup diced carrots (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup JUST Egg or 2 JUST Egg Folded
- 4 cups cooked, cold white jasmine rice (store-bought, frozen rice works well)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Sliced green onions (optional, for garnish)
- Heat the pan. Preheat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok, or just a large heavy skillet, over medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry the vegetables. Add the shallots and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened, then add the garlic, peas, and carrot. Cook for another 3-5 minutes. Once the vegetables are tender, transfer to a plate on the side.
- Scramble the JUST Egg. Turn the heat down to medium, add the JUST Egg and scramble it, preferably with a small, stiff spatula. Once the egg cooked through, toss in the second tablespoon of oil and the cold rice, and mix until the rice is coated with the oil.
If using JUST Egg Folded, heat according to package directions, then chop into small cubes or strips.
- Stir-fry everything together. Once the rice is coated, add in the cooked veggies, soy sauce, sesame oil, and cilantro. Stir-fry everything together until heated through. Taste for soy sauce and garnish with sliced green onions. Serve with sriracha hot sauce!
You must be logged in to post a comment.