Did The Venetian Las Vegas just become the city’s most vegan-friendly hotel? For the month of November, AKA World Vegan Month, it did.
Starting Nov. 1 and continuing through the month, signature restaurants across the luxury Las Vegas hotel are upping their vegan game with new dishes.
Guide to vegan options at Venetian for World Vegan Month
Executive chef and co-owner Angelo Auriana created a four-course Go Vegan Tasting Menu for World Vegan Month. Using fresh, seasonal ingredients, BRERA osteria’s menu features:
- Choice of salad: Verde – little gem, romaine, cucumber, avocado, mint, pistachios, lemon vinaigrette; or Chopped – butternut squash, celery root, carrots, quinoa, farro, Tuscan kale, toasted hazelnuts
- Choice of pasta: Garganelli – San Marzano tomatoes, Romanesco, garlic bread crumbs; or Farro Risotto – garbanzo beans, parsley, roasted eggplant cream, EVOO
- Choice of main: Spiced Polenta – roasted mushrooms, rosemary, garlic crema; or Cauliflower – nardello peppers, capers, spiced raisin gremolata, fried parsley; Eggplant – roasted tomatoes, Tuscan kale pesto, harissa, toasted almonds
- Dessert: coconut tapioca pudding, passion fruit sauce, seasonal berries
- Signature Peking “Duck” – crispy tofu skin, pickled cucumber, Chinese pancakes
- Shredded “Chicken” mung bean noodles – cucumber, crispy youtiao, sesame sauce, chili oil
- Chili Termite Mushroom – wood ear fungus
- Crispy “Eel” Fried Shredded Mushroom – French green beans, sesame
- Salt and Pepper “Squid” – coconut meat, crispy baby corn
- Wok-Fried Lotus Rootlet – shredded “pork”, green bell pepper
- Stir-fried Beef – okra, bamboo shoot, chili
- Sweet and Sour “Pork” Red Dragon Fruit – crispy sesame rice cracker
- Crispy “Chicken” – Szechuan red peppercorns, dried chili, cashew nuts
- Wok-Fried Flat Rice Noodle “Beef” – bean sprouts, soya sauce
PHOTO: MOTT 32
The popular Hong Kong restaurant known for duck is recreating some of their signature dishes and favorites. Two to take note of (AKA try) are the popular Shanghainese Soup Dumplings and the Signature Smoked Cod. Both are offered veganized for the month. The dumplings feature minced “pork” tofu.
New vegan additions at Mott 32 also include:
Matteo’s Ristorante Italiano
PHOTO: MICHAEL MONSON
Chef Auriana and business partner Matteo Ferdinandi welcome a new dish for November — pasta vegana. It’s got extruded garganelli pasta, zucchini, nardello peppers, basil, and spicy tomato crema. Mateo’s is formerly known as Factory Kitchen.
Other vegan options at Venetian
Regardless of World Vegan Day and World Vegan Month, Venetian is home to numerous restaurants with vegan options.
Truth & Tonic
First, let’s look at Truth & Tonic. Chef Pete Ghione broke major ground a couple years ago when he announced the restaurant was converting to entirely vegan. It’s the first — and only — vegan restaurant on the world-famous Las Vegas Strip Ghione’s cuisine focuses on the health benefits eating plant-based bring. Faves are the JUST Egg frittatas which come in a few varieties.
At Black Tap, they’ve got the Impossible burger, a Nashville Hot mushroom burger and more. Plus, there’s the vegan shake. It’s an Instagram-worthy vegan Black and White shake topped with a thick slice of vegan black and white chocolate cake.
Majordomo Meat & Fish
The Asian-American steakhouse and seafood restaurant is vegan-friendly. It’s helmed by celeb chef David Chang (Momofuku) and offers a variety of vegan options. Of note is their vegan mac and cheese. This creamy dish is a favorite (we love it) and is made with fermented chickpeas, giving it a natural parmesan taste.
Other vegan options at Majordomo include chickpea dip, salad, macaroni, bucatini and veggie crispy rice.
Finally, Thomas Keller’s renowned restaurant has a secret vegan dish — the Vegan Chop. It’s a mix of grain and ‘shrooms chop with season vegetables.