Make this vibrant dish at home using Pure Macadamia Oil by milkadamia. Chef Jessica Perlstein of Main St. Provisions shares her easy vegan recipe for braised greens using the oil. Learn more about the new product on In the Kitchen with Diana Edelman.
Create this gorgeous vegan braised green dish using Pure Macadamia Oil by milkadamia. The recipe is created by executive sous chef Jessica Perlstein of Main St Provisions in the Las Vegas Arts District.
- 2 tbsp Pure Macadamia Oil by milkadamia
- 4 bunches curly kale, washed, cleaned and torn off stem (about 3 - 4 inches each)
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 c vegetable stock
- 1/4 c vegan white wine
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp crispy onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- In medium sauté pan, turn heat on low-medium. Put 2 tbsp of Macadamia Oil in pan. Once it begins to smoke, add onion, and lightly stir (try not to get any color) and turn heat down to low temp.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper. Once onions start to become translucent, add garlic and turn flame up a little towards medium heat. Cook until starting to color.
- Take the pan off the stove and slowly add white wine. Place the pan back on the stove, avoiding it flaming.
- Continue to cook until wine is almost gone.
- Add kale and season with salt and pepper. Stir, being careful not to spill any out of pan. Once kale starts to turn darker green, add the vegetable stock and cook down to almost wilted.
- Season to taste.
- Place in bowl (it’s ok if there is a little liquid left over -- it’s more flavor!).
- Top with pumpkin seeds, crispy onions, and drizzle of Macadamia Oil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 229mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g