Chef Angela Sweetser is the owner of Queen of Hearts, a tea shop in Henderson, Nev. She’s created this easy vegan panna cotta recipe to share.
A certified executive pastry chef, sugar artist and chocolatier, she specializes in tea parties and custom confections. Recently, she participated in Spotlight on Vegetables from Street Food to Sushi Hosted by Diana Edelman, an online event with the prestigious James Beard Foundation.
For the event, she showed viewers how to make vegan panna cotta. This dairy-free panna cotta uses vegan chocolate and Oatly oat milk.
Angela is an acclaimed chef, medaling for Artistic Chocolate and Sugar Sculptures through the American Culinary Federation and winner of dessert competitions for the international group, Chaines des Rotisseurs. She has competed as a Cake Artist on Food Network for The Big Bake, and twice for Halloween Wars.
After making the easy vegan panna cotta recipe, check out her easy vegan cream puff recipe.
Easy Vegan Panna Cotta with Oatly Recipe
Acclaimed chef Angela Sweester shares her recipe for vegan panna coatta using oat milk.
- 500 grams (16 oz.) vegan milk chocolate (if using dark chocolate, use 250 grams chocolate to 500 grams oat milk)
- 250 grams (1 cup) oat milk (Oatly used for this recipe)
- *Optional infusions an include vanilla bean, orange zest, Earl Gray tea and more
- Chop chocolate into small, uniform pieces in heat proof bowl
- In separate pot, heat oat milk and optional infusion until surface starts to release steam. Do not boil. If adding infusion, strain before using.
- Pour steamed oat milk over chopped chocolate.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Spoon into serving dish, bowl or ramekin. Ideal is 6-oz ramekins or glasses.
- Cool on counter. Can be served room temperature or cool.
- Refrigerate to store.
You must be logged in to post a comment.