How about a light and summery pasta to add to your repertoire? Chef Todd Harrington of Blau + Associates shares his easy vegan artichoke scampi recipe with us.
Don’t feel like cooking and want to devour this dish? Head to Honey Salt in Las Vegas and celebrate their Green Garden Monday and see if its on the rotating menu.
This easy vegan artichoke recipe is quick, easy, light and delicious.
Photo: Louiie Victa
- 7 oz linguini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz artichokes, cleaned and quartered
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 5 sundried tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Calibrian chili, minced
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch peppercorn
- lemon zest
- Heat sautée pan over medium high heat
- Add artichokes, olive oil, salt, pepper and sautée to sweat garlic
- Add lemon juice and half of vegetable stock (may not need it all)
- Cook down to au sec (nearly dry) and add tomatoes, Calibrian chili, parsley
- Blanch pasta to get hot for 30 seconds and then add to pan
- Taste and adjust for balance
- Garnish and top with lemon zest
- Finish with sea salt and peppercorn to serve
Diana Edelman is the founder of Vegans, Baby and has emerged as the face of plant-based dining in Las Vegas and the leading plant-based restaurant consultant in the city. She spent a decade in the travel blogging world before switching gears to work in elephant rescue in Thailand. Diana travels the world to meet chefs and try vegan food, as well as speak at events focusing on travel, tourism, veganism and entrepreneurship. She’s a partner with the prestigious James Beard Foundation and curates their Vegas Vegan Dinners at the James Beard House. Diana is also a partner with Life is Beautiful, curating the all-vegan Farm Stand.