The Black Sheep is one of the hidden gems in Las Vegas when it comes to vegan dining. Helmed by the talented Chef Jamie Tran, The Black Sheep’s scallion pancakes are a must. This easy vegan scallion pancake recipe by Chef Tran is delicious and the perfect addition to your meal.
Easy vegan scallion pancakes by Chef Jamie Tran of The Black Sheep
- 2 cup of all-purpose flour (extra for dusting)
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 cup of boil water
- 1 cup of chopped scallions
- 1 oz sesame oil
- 1 tsp blended olive oil
- Take Flour and salt mix in mixing bowl
- Pour boil water in slowly stir with top of wooden spoon
- Once incorporated take out of bowl on a flat flour dusted service. Kneed until dough is smooth and in a ball shape
- Place back in a mixing bowl let rest for 30mins covered with plastic wrap in room temp.
- Now roll out dough brush with blended oil and sprinkle scallion on the dough.
- Roll dough to a long tube shape, then roll it again now like a cinnamon roll tuck end under the roll dough.
- Then with a rolling pen roll dough flat and now brush with sesame oil and sprinkle scallions on dough again.
- Repeat rolling techniques.
- Repeat process 5x times.
- Final rolling out the dough flat, cut out with circle ring mold with desired size.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Cook pancake and flip frequently to keep scallions from burning.
- Cook until golden brown and crisp on both sides for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Let cool.